Friday, June 13, 2014

Wall Of Frames

That empty wall a sore spot in your house ? I have a few simple and easy ideas to cover your blank canvas!


As I was walking down Queen St West the other day, I came across a tiny little antique shop that had a variety of old beat up picture frames.  They were of all different shapes, sizes, and styles but I picked them up thinking I could fix them up.  I had recalled seeing a picture of white frames on a white wall on the internet and thought these would be perfect to try this project out.

I know they don't look like much now but I will show you how to create something similar to my inspiration pictures below.


Products Needed for the Project:
a few frames of various sizes, damp cloth, fine sandpaper, white primer paint, glossy white paint

Follow these simple steps:
1. Take a damp cloth and remove any dirt or dust that may have accumulated over time.
2. Take your piece of sandpaper and sand down any rough edges (it doesn't have to be perfect as that is part of the look and feel of this project)
3. Paint with white primer base coat.
4. Allow to dry for several hours.
5. Allow glossy white paint. Allow to dry and reapply if necessary.
6. Arrange frames on wall - place at various heights and distances apart. The art is in the final product.


This simple project can really liven up a hallway.
TIP: The more variety of frames you use, the more dramatic the final project.









No comments:

Post a Comment